Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome Baby card

As always I enjoyed following along at Cardpatterns this week. The sketches always inspire me and I almost always end up with a pretty wonderful end result! They've started out the new year with a few new ladies on the design team, check them out here: http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/01/sketch-98.html
Here is this week's sketch:

And my take on the sketch:

I used one of my favorite new papers from the DCWV super 7 stack. The shade of blue is so pretty and I love the aged look it has. I hand stamped a blue elephant and layered him on top of a hand cut blue circle and centered him on a white doily. I replaced the flower in the sketch with a little blue bow and a vellum sentiment which reads 'so sweet'. I stamped six blue dots and layered them with my new favorite Glossy Accents for depth. I went through and put a few more glossy accents on the shaded areas of the elephant. Perfect for welcoming a new baby! Hope you love it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so cute! Love that little elephant! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Thanks for visiting my cupboard :-)

    ReplyDelete