Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Showing My Spirit! quack..quack..

This week I followed along with two blogs again (second week in a row!) the first being at http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/01/cupcake-124-something-new.html where the challenge is to create something new. I also used this great sketch (below) from http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/01/sketch-97.html Pop over to these sites and follow along..I always can turn to them for some great inspiration :)
 So, here's my take on the sketch. I chose to use a rounded square instead of a circle for the center because I felt it tied into the shape of my card better. I also rounded all edges of the card. This works for the Cupcake challenge because not only did I just go out and buy these papers last week, but this is a first for Oregon. Our Ducks made it to the National Championship and played a pretty close game.
My boyfriend inspired this card. After I came home from the craft store to show him all of my new goodies (which you know he LOVES so much, hehe) he told me he liked this paper the best because it reminded him of the Oregon Duck symbol. So when I saw this sketch for Cardpatterns I knew this would be the perfect fit! Hope you enjoy and happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Katie this is a super card, I reckon you could give this to a lady too. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, what a fantastic card. I love the rounded corners and the funky retro looking paper! Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww...so sweet of you to whip up a card for the boyfriend since he liked the paper...LOVE your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! It's so nice to have such positive feedback and it really warms my heart <3 thank you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete