Saturday, January 8, 2011

First Card Challenge of 2011

I participated in two blogs this week and it was my first attempt at a double challenge. The first challenge is a card sketch from http://cardabilities.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-5th-sketch-challenge-and.html (sketch above) and the second was a color theme challenge from http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/01/cupcake-123-white-is-white.html where we were asked to make a predominantly white card..which really ended up being quite the challenge!

 I used a white doily for the background shape, glued some black and white damask ribbon to solid white ribbon, used a large black heart to represent the larger rectangular shape, and an I love you sticker with a few rhinestones for the smaller rectangle. I finished it off with three varied sizes of puffy heart embellishments.
 I originally made this card(below) with family being the theme and hints of yellow in it, but after sleeping on it I felt like I need to make a new one. I like the simplicity of the second black and white valentine I did best.(above)
The photo of this card has been altered to a B&W image because I didn't like my use of yellow in it originally

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a lovely card ! Great layout ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following my blog Katie ! I am following you too now ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both beautiful, Katie! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenges and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Katie, it's lovely to see you for the first time at Cupcake. Well it might have pushed you, but both these cards are gorgeous, I especially like the black and white number. Hope to see you again. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Katie. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies for all of the wonderful comments! It's so nice to have support and I love following at Cupcake Crafts :) ty everyone!!
    ~Katie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. very unique design and color combination is spot on size is little big but its cool stuff.
    plastic card printing
    scratch card printing

    ReplyDelete