Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Update on my craftiness...

So the camera batteries went out on me recently so I went out and bought a pack of new ones only to bring them home and have them not work or not hold the charge. It took awhile to get around to replacing those!
But now that I have my handy dandy camera back again, I can share my recent cards, painting and mini birdhouses! :)

First off, some Mother's Day Cards on commission:



For a coworker/buddy..
 For a new manager at Columbia.. this was a fun one!

Here are a few mini birdhouses I picked up at the craft store, then painted and embellished. I tried to make them like three dimensional versions of my cards. I will probably end up adding more to them too! Which is your favorite?


Purple and Sage stripes
 Red and Yellow polka Dots
 The green one needs something more, for sure..I apologize for the bright flash in the photo :(
 On the right (in the photo above) you can also see the wooden moon I painted and embellished. I am going to put a name or a word on it too.. Below is a closer photo of the moon details, a little blurry :(
I'm thinking of painting the word Dream on the moon as an example so i can put them in a shop and sell them as 'customizable'

And here is my prized painting of the evening. My first hand painted owl. ☺ I love the patterned paper on his chest and the brightness of his eyes. I wanted the colors to still be bright, so I put him on a branch as the moon is coming up and the sun is going down.. I will probably attach a ribbon to the back so it may be hung:

 Isn't he cute..?  I think he looks a little sleepy :))
Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy. Leave a comment! I appreciate any and all feedback! 

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your owl you made! Adding paper to the painting, what a clear idea! My favorite birdhouse in the first one..the blue one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the owl painting and the little bird houses. Great to see something other than cards as much as I love making cards.

    I was hoping you would consider entering my blogging is for sharing giveawayand maybe share these particular projects or anything else.

    ReplyDelete