Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Joy...

I chose to go with a clean and simple approach for the sketch over at CardPatterns this week. I also chose a softer, more Americana style for the card. Thank you to everyone at cardpatterns for the great inspiration, as always!  http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/04/sketch-111.html Take the time to take a peek over at their blog! They're always great‼
 And here is my card. Thank goodness for the glorious sunshine today, which helped to shine a little extra joy on my photo‼ I used red, white and blue papers on a kraft base. I used my Farmers Market patterned floral paper for my whole inspiration! From there I chose the red trim and red polka dot patterned paper. I punched six flowers from either red polka dot, white, or dusty blue paper, then layered them together and topped them with alternating red and blue buttons. I stamped a crackle background onto a small tag and used pop-up dots for the stamped word Joy (which was stamped twice, once in red, once in blue for the alternating colors) then I tied it onto the red trim piece.
 Up close, you can see the two rows of small red stitches and the stamped sentiment on the tag. I love the dimension of my flowers‼
Thank you so much for peeking at my card..I would love to have followers! Any feedback is good feedback..so please, leave a comment! Have a sunny day ☺

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely happy card! Love all the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love the tiny tag hanging off. So glad you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete