Monday, May 23, 2011

CardPatterns 116 Sketch

So this week at http://www.cardpatterns.blogspot.com/, I was inspired by the butterfly on the sketch..


My little sissy is turning 23 in July so I thought I would get a head start on her card with some beautiful Recollections Boutique Fleur Butterfly embellishments Destiney bought for me!



I started with a white card base and sponged pink stamping ink all over. I got out some white paper doilies and painted them black, then cut an oval shape out of some union square papers (I won from CardPatterns awhile back) and adhered two different sized butterfly's onto that. I trimmed a piece of cream colored ribbon (dollar tree find!) and used a clear SRM 'celebrate' sentiment sticker on top of the ribbon. I popped up the sentiment on the ribbon and the oval in the center. To finish it all off, I added a few black rhinestones, some pearls to frame out the sentiment and some black glitter on the butterfly's. Happy Birthday Kirstin! I hope you love your card!

And thanks again to the CardPatterns design team and everyone who plays along for the great inspiration each week! You keep me crafting..rain or shine!! :))

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete