Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Destiney‼ (cardpatterns sketch)

March 10th is the 25th birthday of one of my 'oldest' (hahaha..we've been friends a long time) friends, Destiney. She also happens to be my boyfriend's sister..funny how things work* I hope she loves her card ♥ and that everyone at CardPatterns ♥'s it too‼
I followed along over at CardPatterns again this week because I can always count on them for a challenging, yet clean sketch. Take a peek at their page cardpatterns.blogspot.com Here is designer Tracy Schultz' sketch for the week:

 http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/02/sketch-104.html I decided to rotate the sketch. Here is a basic play on the sketch (before embellishments) You can learn to make paper flowers like I did at http://simistamper.blogspot.com/2010/02/instructions-for-paper-rose.html I do not have punches so I just cut the flower shapes free hand to my liking.

And here is my end result on the card. I used my new union square papers from Created with Paper and their thickers for her name on the front. I cut a piece of sticker off for the little tag peeking behind the rose. I thought the flowers needed a little greenery, so I hand cut those from some green scrap paper and folded them in half for a 'leaf-like' appearance. I had some black ribbon in my scrap and just adhered a piece of union square newspaper as a border. Finished it off with pearls, fine red glitter and a little distressing ☺ 


Happy Birthday Destiney! I love you so much ♥ xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely card...great pop of color with the bloom! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Wonderful neutrals with a pop of gorgeous red.

    ReplyDelete