Monday, February 21, 2011

another card for sketch 103 at Cardpatterns

As usual I had a difficult time with the sketch.That's why I go to them though, they always challenge me to configure cards in new ways. I thought I had done well enough in the last post with my bright Recollections card, but the ideas just wouldn't stop pouring- so I had to make another!



This time I started with a white base for my card and distressed the edges with pastel pink then gold ink. I used some swirly pink paper that I had in my scrap pile and top it with three It's A Girl stamped circles. I distressed the edges of the circles with gold stamping ink as well. For the smaller circles in the sketch I used large pearls that I found at Joann's last week in the dollar bin! 


Thank you again CardPatterns for a sketch that pushes me past my limits and really makes me think creatively! I <3 you guys!!  http://www.cardpatterns.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty. I love the way you did the circles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. Glad you joined us at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really pretty card.I find it amazing how differently everyone interprets the sketch. Thank you so much for commenting on my latest post your comment definitely cheered me up

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Katie! So soft and pretty, I love the pearls! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog- so glad you can play along with us on Card Patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card!! Thanks for joining us in the Card Patterns 2nd Anniversary Festivities!

    ReplyDelete