Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CardPatterns sketch 110

It feels like once spring snuck up around the corner that everything kind of just took off in a whirl wind from there and hasn't really stopped. I have accomplished a lot around the house, getting things organized, sorting through old clothes and winter clothes and also rearranging and reorganizing my entire craft room!
But even with all that, I have yet to work in much time for any cards or crafting.  So I peeked over at CardPatterns because they always have an awesome sketch I can turn to when I get that creative itch! http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/04/sketch-110.html  When I saw the sketch and the sponser..I knew just what to use!!  SRM stickers are my favorite and I pick them up from A Joy Forever anytime I go because they are so versatile.  They are available online as well, http://www.shopatron.com/home/index/3258


For my card I used a white base with hand traced and cut scalloping. I distressed the scalloped edges with brown stamping ink. I used a scrap of lined paper that I ran through a corrugated press for texture, I used a metal rimmed label as the center circle and attached a small wooden clothespin to cover the label hole.  I used one of my SRM wish stickers as my sentiment, then tied it off with a piece of brown thread and a small brown button. I love that this card is so nuetral and can be used to 'wish' anyone a great anything!


Hope you all like my clean and simple take on the sketch! Thanks again Cardpatterns for helping with my mojo!  ~Katie

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I clicked on your blog link from Card Pattern - Sketch #110 Challenge. :)

    Love your CAS card! :)

    Debbie @ Phatelara

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute Katie! Love that little clothespin and the clean layout. Glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful clean design. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the nice comments everyone! I appreciate any feedback‼ ~KatieMarie

    ReplyDelete