Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CardPatterns Sketch 136

I decided to take part in this week's card sketch at CardPatterns (my favorite blogsite!) and give Michelle's sketch a go. I always have a hard time with asymmetrical cards and especially with grids or measured cards.
I like to stick to free-hand and more whimsical sketches. So I suppose this is exactly what it should be.. a challenge! Check it out here: http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2011/10/sketch-136.html



The ribbon tied around the rectangle in the center is what really did me in.. I love tiny bows! My take on the sketch:

I went with a gray-blue and cream color theme. I used bits of scrap paper (from who knows where!) and some dcwv papers. I found a chipboard sticker that matched the color theme perfectly! And I love the little quote on it.. I used a cream colored tag for my center rectangle piece and tied it off with some blue twine. I did some distressing on all the edges with some antique gold and some with a bit of turquoise stamping ink.



Here are my up close shots of my tiny details :)) I put on some hand drawn stitching around the solid blue corners as well as the upper corner of the tag. Did you notice the three knots tied above my tiny bow?

Hope you enjoy my attempt at what was truly a challenge!! Happy Fall <3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great sketch Michelle, I hope I can start learning to put real stitching on my cards soon!

    ReplyDelete