Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cardpatterns 129

I followed along with my favorite card challenge blog this week.. CardPatterns! Check out their blog at http://www.cardpatterns.blogspot.com/  I decided to stick to the sketch pretty much exactly without rotating it. Here is Nina Brackett's sketch...


And this is my approach: (Click for larger image)


I started with a buttery yellow card base, which I distressed with white stamping ink. I used my handheld corrugater on tan cardstock for texture (and in replace of the scallops), then topped it with yellow striped patterned paper.  I used a tag from a tag stack with a beautiful soft butterfly print on it and then layered cream and kraft circles over it. The final touches I used were a 'Butterfly Kisses' dimensional sticker, pink ribbon tied into a bow and tiny dots of superfine pink or white glitter!  Hope you enjoy my creation!!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!! I totally love the splashes of pink and the sentiment is perfect!! So glad you are joining in the fun at Card Patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty take on the sketch! Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete